ex: My brother has such a big mouth that he told everything I said to him to our mother.
2. By heart: thuộc lòng
ex: I know all my friends’s telephone numbers by heart, so I never have to look in the telephone book.
3. To have a sweet tooth: hảo ngọt
ex: I bought you a box of chocolate because I know you have a sweet tooth.
4. To cost an arm and a leg: rất đắt
ex: Everything in that department store costs an arm and a leg, even a pencil.
5. A long face: khuôn mặt buồn bã
ex: Because Judy didn’t get an invitation to the party, she walked around with a long face yesterday.
6. To pull on s/o’s leg: trêu chọc
ex: Tomorrow is not a holiday. Don’t believe Rich. He’s pulling your leg.
7. To see eye to eye: tâm đầu ý hợp
ex: Lucy and Dick never argue. They see eye to eye on almost everything.
8. To shake a leg!: nhanh chân lên!
ex: Shake a leg! We have to be at school in 5 mins.